Ronaldo: Why I’m Growing A Beard

Ronaldo: Why I’m Growing A Beard



Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed the reason behind the goatee beard that he has maintained since the start of the 2018 FIFA World Cup and why he may not be shaving it anytime soon.

In an online video, the normally clean-shaven superstar told reporters the beard was a good luck charm which began as a joke between him and teammate Ricardo Quaresma just before the World Cup kicked off.
He said: “My new beard? That was a joke with Quaresma. We were in the sauna and I started shaving my beard. I left a bit and said that if I scored against Spain, I wouldn’t shave it until the end of the World Cup. In the end it brought luck, I scored (a hattrick). I scored against Morocco again. So, I’m going to keep it.”
Ronaldo is now top of the goalscorers chart with four goals from two games and also the top European scorer of international goals with 85 after erasing Ferenc Puskas record with the only goal against Morocco in Portugal’s win at the Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow on Wednesday evening. The only player to have scored more is Iran’s Ali Daei, with 109
With his three goals against Spain on Day One, Ronaldo became the oldest man to score a hat-trick at the World Cup at 33 years and 130 days.

Comments